Our Terms & Conditions
Health and Safety Information
- The Customer must provide safe and unrestricted access to the property and related areas where work needs to be carried out.
- The Customer must advise us of any pets or of any personal or family/staff allergies, or other concerns.
- Any persons who are particularly sensitive, or who suffer from allergic reactions, should, as a matter of precaution. remain out of the premises for a period of 24 hours and not return until after the premises have been fully ventilated.
- The Customer must remove or protect any people, animals, birds or fish during the treatment period.
- The Customer must cover all food items and all food utensils.
- The Customer must avoid contact with treated surfaces until the control agent has dried.
- The Customer must observe any verbal advice provided by our firm or our licensed operator at the time of treatment.
- The Customer must ensure their premises are properly ventilated after treatment. Leave any air-conditioners on ‘vent mode’ (so they circulate outside air into the building) for a period of at least four hours after the treatment or after re-occupying.
- Water Tanks: No treatment can be carried out around water tanks not fully sealed or to water collection areas us of water tank installations.
Payment Terms and Details of FREE Service Period
- FREE Service Periods can be found on our website at www.peskypossum.com.au/guarantee/ .
- If during the course of the program it is found that structural or environmental conditions prevent us performing any sections of the Management Program, then the FREE Service Period or the cost of your investment will be void for this period of the FREE Service Period.
- Unless specific written arrangements have been provided the full contract price shall be due and payable and recoverable by this Firm on commencement of the initial treatment.
- Any FREE Service Period shall be null and void unless all monies due and payable to this Firm have been paid in full within the standard terms of business above.
- Where a FREE Service Period has been provided then, upon notification by the Customer, we agree to provide the Customer with any remedial treatment(s) as may be required to the nominated property and AT NO COST TO YOU. Any FREE Service Period is conditional upon the Customer notifying us of signs of pest infestation.
- No responsibility is accepted, or warranty implied, for any damage or consequential losses that may occur as the result of past, current or future pest activity.
- The proposed treatment only applies to the treatment detailed in our quote, proposal or tender. The program does not provide protection against any other pest/s.
- Non-attendance by the Customer for services booked and approved by the Customer which result in work not able to be completed, will incur a $88.00 non-attendance fee.
- Payment by the customer is due and payable upon completion of job unless other payment arrangements have been made with our office. The Customer will incur a late charge equal to 5% of any unpaid amount. In the event where an overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, the Customer will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including commission on collection of the additional costs and also including legal demand costs.
- Our free service period covers the quality of the workmanship and materials used for the job.
- Where the cost of the job is in excess of $1,000.00, a 50% deposit is required prior to works commencing.
Treatment Details and Control Agents
- Only control agents approved by the Department of Primary Industry and Energy’s Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) and registered for use by the relevant State or Territory Registration Authority will be used.
- While every care will be taken, this firm will not be held liable should staining of timbers. fabrics, wall coverings, floor coverings or any other articles occur.
- WARNING. Where drilling and or cutting is required; no liability is accepted should damage result to concealed services such as power. gas, water. etc. The Customer indemnify Us against any costs that may arise from such possible damages. Clear and accurate plans should be provided by the Customer before we commence.
- The Customer accepts that a pest management program can be rendered ineffective if they fail to implement our recommended hygiene procedures, by making building alterations, or by the introduction of conducive or infested materials.
- *Qld only: record the Strength of Active Constituent (AC): Means the concentration of AC in the made-up spray mixture.
Termites and Other Timber Pests
- This program does not cover treatment for, or inspection for, termites (white ants) or any other timber pests.
- We strongly recommend that the Customer should arrange to have their property inspected for termites at least once every twelve (12) months and preferably every three (3) to six (6) months as recommended in the Australian Standards AS 3660 Protection of buildings from subterranean termites and AS 4349.3 Inspection of buildings – Timber pest inspections. A termite or timber pest inspection can be arranged upon request and is recommended.
Disclaimer Of Liability to Third Parties
- Compensation will only be payable for losses arising in contract or tort sustained by the Client named on the front of this Pest Management Treatment Proposal & Advice Notice. Any third party acting or relying on this Pest Management Treatment Proposal & Advice Notice, in whole or in part, does do so entirely at their own risk.